We've been experiencing a bit of a heat wave here so I didn't bake anything last week. I did try to make vanilla pudding from scratch but it ended up more like vanilla flavoured soup. I will have to attempt that one again to see if I can get a more pudding like consistency.
Yesterday morning the temperature finally dropped enough that I could turn on the oven without it feeling like I was already in an oven, so I made cheese biscuits! These are great for breakfast or with dinner (we ate them all day). You could also substitute raisins for the cheese if you want more sweetness.

Ingredients
Makes 10 to 20 biscuits depending on size.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup of your favorite grated cheese (I used cheddar and monterey jack)
Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
Mix together the dry ingredients and then mix in the butter until it is fully blended.
Stir in the yogurt, milk and cheese and mix until the dough forms a ball.
Put it on a floured surface and roll out to a thickness of about a 1/2 inch then cut out circles with a biscuit cutter, or if you don't have one like me, the lid from a instant coffee container. Although a good sized glass would work too.
Place the cut dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 7 to 8 minutes.
So yummy with a little butter!

No comments:
Post a Comment